NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand

This site runs on Joomla, and Joomla uses cookies for its basic technical operation. Like millions of other sites, we use Google Analytics to monitor site usage statistics, and Google Analytics uses cookies for its basic technical operation.

We make no other use of cookies at all. We do not use cookies to collect any personal information, and we do not use cookies for the purposes of marketing or advertising.

None of our Joomla extensions use cookies either, other than the regular Joomla ones.

Fasting Connection

Welcome to our fasting forum and intermittent fast support network

Search this site

Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex

Visitors Counter

TodayToday1065
YesterdayYesterday1372
This_WeekThis_Week2437
Guests 12
Now Online
loquat1
Registered Today
-

Audio Interview

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Supplement Ripoffs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cavities

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

Cavities 29 Aug 2012 22:28 #12142

• Nidu
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Has anyone here healed cavities, small or big, while fasting? I've read a few accounts if it happening. Anyone know how that would work, and what needs to be in place, diet-wise, prior to fasting, and when it comes to dental hygiene routines, to increase the likelihood of it happening?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cavities 29 Aug 2012 23:23 #12144

• Shant
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
One year ago my dentist found 3 cavities, 2 small, one bigger. None of them was acute. I decided to get the fillings done elsewhere as dentists over here are really good but too expensive. 3 months ago I visited my mum's private dentist abroad who found only one small cavity. Earlier this year I was juice dieting for 4-9 days (I drank 1 green juice and a small cup of almond/coconut milk a day, and lemon juice and water throughout the day). I didn't do this to heal anything in particular. I might have healed those 2 cavities thanks to fasting but I can't say 100%. I'd have to go the same dentist I was at one year ago and get new scans done. Wonder what he would say about that if he couldn't find any.

Re: Cavities 30 Aug 2012 06:17 #12148

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 698
Surprising finding, Shant, I will be really interested to learn what transpired. Orthodox traditional wisdom says that teeth cannot grow but we so often see re-growth where we never expected it, particularly after good cleansing, that this might just be possible. After all, teeth do initially grow from a single cell.. and we still have many cells. Confirming with X-rays would be publishable.. please keep us posted!

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Cavities 30 Jul 2013 03:36 #17814

• link
  • Junior Boarder
I'd bet it was the green juices that healed the cavities. I am under the impression that a temporary raw green vegetable-only fast/diet (which would include water as well) could cure cavities. The reason why I have come to this conclusion is because, from my own experiences in the past, whenever I ate raw green vegetables (such as collard greens and turnip greens) my teeth would feel alot stronger. I still have yet to undergo much more extensive experimentation in this area, as I have never really done an extended raw green vegetable-only fast/diet (with water as my only beverage) for more than a day. I have, however, water-fasted before; my record, so far, is about a week straight. Therefore, since I have water-fasted for that long, I should be able to go on a raw green vegetable-only fast/diet (with water as my only beverage) for atleast that length.

Cavities 30 Jul 2013 05:33 #17815

• TheFastDoctor
Of course, dear Link, whether the greens was turned into juice by your teeth or by a machine does not make all that much difference. I doubt, however, that something you put into you heals the cavities; it is likely the absence of all the acidic foods like protein containing substances that afforded your body the opportunity of healing.

Indeed you could go on a greens diet, but that would not be a fast. It would be more efficient if it follows on a fast though.

This is fascinatingly interesting, please keep us posted. Wish one could have dental x-rays before/after to evaluate the dentine/enamel ratios. But of course you'd prefer to avoid the radiation!

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sviken0529

Cavities 30 Jul 2013 07:42 #17821

• link
  • Junior Boarder
Right now I am fixated on reducing the medication dosage that I am currently taking. I have Schizophrenia, and have noticed that the higher the dosage of my medication goes, the less disciplined I become. For example, back in 2008/2009 I was on a very low dose of medication, and was a lot more disciplined back then. I religiously practiced eating a healthy, balanced, mostly raw vegan diet, and I incorporated a couple of water-fasts into my lifestyle as well. I need to get back to being disciplined. The medication that I take works by blocking dopamine from several areas of the brain. Dopamine is associated with reward-motivated behavior, such as self-discipline. This makes sense, because the less medication that is in my body, the less dopamine it is blocking, and thus resulting in me being "too" disciplined, causing "too much" dopamine in my brain. When I was on a low dose, I tended to take discipline "to the extreme", as my parents would say to me. In my opinion, I really was not taking self-discipline "to the extreme". There are people that have fasted much longer than I have ever fasted, and I do not consider them as taking self-discipline "to the extreme". Christ took self-discipline "to the extreme"...

Once my medication is reduced to a low enough dose, I plan on pursuing a diet of raw collard greens, raw turnip greens, and perhaps some other types of raw greens, and only drinking water as my beverage. I am extremely determined to see what happens, and am hoping to heal my large cavity in one of my wisdom teeth. I have never done an extended diet of this type before, which is why I am "obsessed" with it. I am still relatively unexperienced in fasting and going on "extreme" diets, such as eating only raw greens and drinking water, and would like to devote the rest of my life pursuing this rather important aspect of my life.

Cavities 30 Jul 2013 09:15 #17823

• TheFastDoctor
Fortunately with modern medication Shizophrenia is a managable disease. In SOME cases food allergy is a large contributory cause and it can be kept in remission with the right diet. Unfortunately there are no guarantees. Thus one needs professional evaluation or a "quantifyable" measure to decide if control is adequate. It is also important to get it back in control rapidly before the disease develops too much "momentum". Thus please, although reducing medication is a noble aim, please make sure that you are evaluated objectively regularly enough that the danger signs are picked up before decompensation happens.

Have you read dr Alan Cott's book(s) about fasting and schizophrenia?

www.amazon.com/Fasting-The-Ultimate-Diet...n-Cott/dp/0803893825

orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1974/pdf/1974-v03n04-p301.pdf

Wishing you best of health, we're here to help if we can!

André
Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds