Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4th day water fast no bowel mo

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

4th day water fast no bowel mo 22 Dec 2008 15:08 #1502

• Vpopov81
  • Junior Boarder
Hello all,

First off I want to thank the moderators of this site and all others who take the time to answer our questions, I for one really appreciate your time and contribution to our health.

It is now my 4th day on water fast, the longest so far previous was 2 days. I have had no headaches no bad symptoms probably because I have done short 2 day fasts before and have done the Buddhist 1 meal a day for several weeks in the past. My energy level was vibrant already on day 2, more so than now but I am not weak in any way on the contrary the sluggishness I was having before is gone. I was also wondering that I have had no bowel movement in 4 days and I know I haven't eaten anything (duh!) but I am pretty sure I had food the day before my fast that I didn't excrete. If there is a small amount of food in the bowels is it going to stay there for 21 days or however long I go? Thank you again for your time.

Good luck to all of you on your fasts
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:4th day water fast no bowel mo 22 Dec 2008 20:58 #1505

• TheFastDoctor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 690
The bowels typically gets triggered by the stretching of the stomach wall as food enters it from the gullet. As nothing (much) enters the stomach, this reflex may be absent. You could trigger it with a biggish volume of warm water (about 500 ml to 1 litre) if you feel the gut should be emptied. But I have often observed bowel motions happening spontaneously a week or 2 after starting a fast. Even in the fasting state, some stool forms from the cells of the intestinal lining as they shed.

FOr the past several years we have been offering our fasting patients the option of a colon "wash". NOT an enema, this is the wrong end to enter the gut! What we offer is a product called Klean-Prep, or similar, which consists of an isotonic solution of a macroglycol. These (organic) molecules cannot be absorbed nor digested and thus contains no nutritional value but by staying inside the gut it keeps the water it is dissolved in also in the gut. Thus you get a flush all the way "from top to bottom", which makes you feel really "clean".

Flushing the gut is not essential and not necessary with every fast but it is quite harmless and you may consider this if it will make you feel any better about yourself and the fasting experience.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds