NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand

This site runs on Joomla, and Joomla uses cookies for its basic technical operation. Like millions of other sites, we use Google Analytics to monitor site usage statistics, and Google Analytics uses cookies for its basic technical operation.

We make no other use of cookies at all. We do not use cookies to collect any personal information, and we do not use cookies for the purposes of marketing or advertising.

None of our Joomla extensions use cookies either, other than the regular Joomla ones.

Fasting Connection

Welcome to our fasting forum and intermittent fast support network

Search this site

Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex

Visitors Counter

TodayToday445
YesterdayYesterday1260
This_WeekThis_Week5724
Guests 8
Now Online
-
Registered Today
-

Audio Interview

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Supplement Ripoffs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: fasting and blood thinners

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

fasting and blood thinners 28 Dec 2010 20:12 #5483

Hi,

I am sorry if this has already been covered before,

I've read that asprin blocks Vitamin K, which is the “clotting” vitamin. When you fast, you purge everything, including your Vitamin K and the blood thinners have nothing to work against. Your blood gets thinner and thinner.

I've been advised to take asprin for life as a precaution from any clotting forming around a stent I had placed in a vien 7 month's ago,

Is it not safe to take asprin during a 21-30 day water fast ?

Best wishes,

sunlounger
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: fasting and blood thinners 28 Dec 2010 22:12 #5484

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 703
Sorry but whoever wrote what you read did not know much.. Aspirin does NOT block Vitamin K.. for that purpose we use Warfarin. Both reduced the tendency of blood to clot, but Aspirin works in a completely, utterly and totally different way: By reducing the tendency of blood platelets to stick together.

I do check the blood clotting in people on Warfarin if they fast more than say a week at a time but there's absolutely no test to measure the efficiency of Aspirin, other than perhaps bleeding time.

It is indeed likely safe to continue taking Aspirin, making sure of course that your stomach can stomach it.. but the tiny dosages we usually use in this application should not have a serious impact.

As almost always I would advise you consider say 2-4 days per week for say 50 weeks.. that gives you a really good fasting effect without any of the possible dangers.

Please bear in mind my comments are "generic" and since I haven't consulted you in person I cannot give individual advice.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Re: fasting and blood thinners 29 Dec 2010 00:25 #5485

thank you very much for your reply,

I am interested in fasting for the 2-4 days a week for 50 weeks but I have read 21-30 days can be more effective for progressive multiple sclerosis,

Is this shorter period weekly fast for mainly safety reasons ?

Re: fasting and blood thinners 29 Dec 2010 06:10 #5487

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 703
Indeed longer fasts are more "curative" versus shorter ones being more "maintenance".

But MS, being a genetic condition, cannot be considered curable. It can however be managed, for which indefinite weekly fasting could be the answer.

Besides fasting, of course, one also needs to avoid the triggers of MS.. which in some individuals could be animal proteins.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds