NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand

This site runs on Joomla, and Joomla uses cookies for its basic technical operation. Like millions of other sites, we use Google Analytics to monitor site usage statistics, and Google Analytics uses cookies for its basic technical operation.

We make no other use of cookies at all. We do not use cookies to collect any personal information, and we do not use cookies for the purposes of marketing or advertising.

None of our Joomla extensions use cookies either, other than the regular Joomla ones.

Fasting Connection

Welcome to our fasting forum and intermittent fast support network

Search this site

Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex

Visitors Counter

TodayToday415
YesterdayYesterday1260
This_WeekThis_Week5694
Guests 25
Now Online
-
Registered Today
-

Audio Interview

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Supplement Ripoffs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance.

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 17:49 #1721

• David
  • Thank you received: 267
If anyone has visual evidence of fasting people who's skin looks younger than their biological age please provide a link or paste images on this thread.

I suspect that people use the argument that fasting does not really alter the 'outer' appearance of a person, to suggest that fasting is not really all that effective.

'Outer' appearance would be skin quality,tone,elasticity and complexion + hair quality, luster & colour as these are the main criteria for judging someone's age. (please correct me if I am wrong)

However from some reports I have read the big changes occur inside the body, so for example the organs, glands and intestines would bear the effects of rejuvenation before the largest organ of the body: skin or epidermis, dermis and fatty tissues.

I wrote this in haste so please feel free to comment on the logic and language if it obscure.

Thanks

David
Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 18:02 #1722

The first fast I have ever done was a 15day water fast for my acne. I had awful acne and scaring. After my Fast all my acne and scars went away and my face was clearer than ever! maybe not completely answering your question but from an acne perspective def. fasting helps.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 18:35 #1723

• Meditating
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Even if you could find such a picture, how could you distinguish what caused those results by the representation of a few people?

I am 48 and have one furrow between my brow. I have no crow's feet around my lines or marionette lines around my mouth. People are amazed when I introduce my 28 year old son because they think I am between 32 - 35. My hands look like they belong to a much younger women but I am starting to notice the age on my neck.

I think this has to do with genetics and perhaps being so heavy the last 12 year so I have high levels of estrogen in my system (which I guess I will loose when I get this weight off). If I had been fasting regularly and looked like this, how could I contribute it to fasting.

I can understand why fasting could clean up acne and approve overall appearance, but that is a different matter.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 18:55 #1725

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 703
You're right, like usual. There are many factors we don't understand.. but the recent research on the telomeres of the chromosomes being repaired during fasting does indicate a reversal of the aging process.. if not visual, then at least functional. Measuring physiological age is rather complex, and there are various formulae.

Let's wait until I'm 120 then debate this again.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 19:34 #1728

• Meditating
  • Gold Boarder
Makes sense. I tried to find the correct spelling of telomeres but couldn't so I am glad you know what I meant.

Unless fasting for a few years can significantly reverse aging from years of physical abuse, I am quite sure I won't be here when you are 120. I will be very surprised if I make it to 70.

I am adopted, but my biological father died at 62 but had a triple by-pass at 38. The women on my mother's side die around 77 but they all had low cholesterol. I must have my father's genes, which explains the 400 cholesterol, that I hope comes under control with fasting/weight loss. I don't recall ever having it taken before my accident and weight gain. Any chance fasting will clean out any of that arterial plaque?

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 20:11 #1729

• David
  • Thank you received: 267
The few fasting 'doctors' I have met in flesh all seem much younger than their biological age. John Fielder (site member) Dr Keki Sidhwa (He has given a few talks in and around London and fasted 25000 people but retired now. And Dr Alec Burton Australian Natural Hygienic Doctor and his wife. They are all in their mid 70's and all of them look at least 10 years younger. Dr Sidhwa has virtually no wrinkles and is 75+(perhaps even 80)

John Fielder is the one who impresses me most. I invited him to give a couple of talks in London. He never looked tired even after a really crazy program, and round the world travel. I did not see him show any signs of tiredness before, during or after the talks he gave. NOt even after his long flight. I know that he manages his farm single handedly, runs a website, cares for patients, grows his own produce, retreat maintenance, and runs a local radio show. Age 78 He also travels round the world each year. Now of course there is no evidence that this comes from fasting alone as his diet is exclusively raw and he eats very moderately,so it could come from his diet or a combination of fasting, natural living and his diet. I haven't met Jill Schneider also a site member, but she claims to have more energy than many half her age. And she does a lot of juice fasting herself, she has also overcome cancer, is incredibly active and looks at least 10 years younger than her biological age.

I had a long chat last year with Dr Stanley Bass a fasting pioneer. Born in 1919 he is as strong as an ox, incredibly humorous and could talk the hind legs of a donkey and he certainly has done a heck of a lot of fasting. He also has some incredibly unique ideas about fasting and dieting which I guess adds to his charm.
Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 03 Jan 2009 21:37 #1731

• Meditating
  • Gold Boarder
Some old timers really put the rest of us to shame. My office used to be next door to this 72 year old woman who could run circles around me and that was when I was 32 and in good shape.

I suspect fasting, like any other positive lifestyle characteristic, does make a big difference. I just like to be careful in distinguishing what is known yo be a fact and what is nothing more than hearsay.

I have believed in the latter before and had no one to blame but myself. It is a chore to be a skeptical inquirer but I prefer doing so.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 04 Jan 2009 04:05 #1734

• TheFastDoctor
Many people judge aging on the appearence of the skin. But bear in mind the skin takes a lot of 'wear and tear' as it is exposed to the elements.

Think of a car: If you look only at the paintwork, would that tell you about the engine and gearbox' age? Obviously 'mileage' is more or at lease as important as chronological age. And I would rather have a healthy brain in an old body than vice versa.

Anecdotal evidence is just that: Often the exception to prove the rule. But statistics are hard to come by. Diet, exercise, genes, environment, expectations, faith and many other factors all play their roles.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 05 Jan 2009 00:39 #1749

My skin was soooooooooooo clear after doing my 32 days juice fast - it was moist and very "dewy". i even had people asking me what was my skin care regimen - When I told them that I fasted, they thought I was crazy. But to me, it's so worth it!!!

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 05 Jan 2009 00:55 #1751

• Meditating
  • Gold Boarder
First, congratulations on meeting your goals.

I don't think that is unusual to hear that your skin has done so well. Long ago before I ever considered fasting, about 25+ years ago, I remember reading an article in a woman's magazine where the author took a skin cleansing challenge from a friend that was actually a 5 day water fast followed by an extended juice fast. She published her daily diary which told how great she looked and felt after the first few days. I remembered thinkin she was lucky she didn't die. LOL.

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 05 Jan 2009 03:43 #1754

• TheFastDoctor
Difficult to explain theoretically why the skin would benefit it this way, as the skin is one fo the major elimination organs during a fast and the substances moving through it could leave their footprints.. So it might be that there are different response. But I agree on average most of my fasting patients find their skin clearing up. Most pronounced in serious skin diseases like psoriasis.

"Dewy".. sounds so fresh and inviting!

André

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 05 Jan 2009 05:06 #1755

Andre,
I do have psoriasis - mostly dominant in the elbows area. Even when I do the Fast-5 approach ( I know its not a true fast ) I am seeing it subsiding! It's less bumpy and less red! I am thrilled! After my 32 day fast, it was almost gone... I cant wait to start my fast after my wedding!

Dewy - yes, it is such a nice word... We should all have dewy vibrant skin!

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 05 Jan 2009 05:09 #1756

Here's what my skin looked like after my fast! It was so clear and full of color - the only makeup I had on was a little lipstick. also, i really saw my wrinkles diminishing tremendously. I also have to point out that I am nearing 40. Ugh...!

Attachments:

Re:Evidence of fasting rejuving skin appearance. 05 Jan 2009 05:16 #1757

• TheFastDoctor
What can I saby but... Whaau! This looks like a baby' skin.. how I itch to take a biopsy to put under a microscope!

André
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds