Autoimmune disease-water fasting. Help

• Margaux
  • Margaux's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2008 18:40 #636 by Margaux
Margaux created the topic: Autoimmune disease-water fasting. Help

Hi,

I have been water fasting for 14 days now... I'm A female, 5'6 and probably about 120. I'm not sure about my weight. I'm definitely not super thin. Anyway, I have an auto immune disorder which is why I've been so aggressively fasting. It isn't going away. I've noticed some improvement. I want to fast until I'm cured, but does it usually take this long? I don't want to quit, but if I'm not going to get better then I don't want to continue to put myself through this. I'm functioning fine. I just miss eating. Could someone please tell me if this is normal.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2008 21:45 #637 by Andrew
Andrew replied the topic: Re:Autoimmune disease-water fasting. Help

The best chance you have of your body healing the disease is to fast to completion, that is until you experience hunger again. There is no set time for this healing though hopefully someone will reply who has had experience with this also.

I wish I could give you better advice on this.

Take care, and good luck.

Andrew.

\\"Truth is often painful, but ignorance is never bliss.\\"

More
12 Apr 2008 04:30 #654 by TheFastDoctor
TheFastDoctor replied the topic: Re:Autoimmune disease-water fasting. Help

Andrew's quite right about fasting to completion. But do bear in mind there are 2 \"completions\" in your case: Completing the fast and completing the healing.

Auto-immune disease is unlikely to be cured during the span of one fast. Remember, all the factors (genetic, environment, etc.) that triggered off the disease in the first place could do so again.

Most auto-immune diseased needs continuous triggering to persist. Since the immunity is primarily aimed against proteins (like collagen), the trigger is likely protein also, and usually collagen. Thus I always advise people with auto-immune diseases to consider a very strict adherence to an exclusively plant based diet, although dairy products and eggs do not contain collagen.

On the odd occasion an auto-immune disease is self-perpetuating because the proteins attacked by the immune system degrades and then re-trigger the immune response. This is where I sometimes do use immune suppressant drugs (including cortizone!) to just terminate the vicious cycle, then meticulously avoid re-triggering.

Bear in mind that your adrenal gland do produce high concentrations of cortizone during a fast, which is one of the reasons inflammation is relieved during a fast.

Don't hesitate, please, to keep us posted and ask any question that arises..

André

All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

More
11 May 2008 11:24 #723 by johnfielder
johnfielder replied the topic: Re:Autoimmune disease-water fasting. Help

IMHO, we are approaching the question from an entirely wrong viewpoint when we look to fasting as \"curing\" and condition whatsoever. The first question we require to ask is\"what caused us to be in this condition in the first place?\" The answer must be \"through an unhealthy lifestyle\". And unless we address the lifestyle, we can only expect to experience the very condition, our present lifestyle is causing.

So where to from here? Well firstly correct the lifestyle, then, when conditions are right for us to do so, our bodies will, of their own accord, instigate the fast, by us becoming acutely ill, in some form or other, where we will lose our desire to eat, when we will then commence to fast. And this will be the appropriate time, as our bodies will be in the right condition to enable the body to carry out the necessary healing and regeneration which we so ardently desire.

John

More
17 Jun 2008 18:51 #840 by TheFastDoctor

Very true John.. but every so often we come across patients who are just SO acutely and/or chronically ill that they would not survive the wait for the body's healing forces to kick in. That is where allopathic medicine can help bridge the gap, carry the patient for just long enough to allow the healing forces to start working and effect enough healing that we can withdraw the medicine and the body can continue.

Holism is ever so elusive, if only everybody followed a healthy lifestyle BEFORE getting ill, then so many less will actually get ill. Then we would not need our drugs and operations and all these.. but we do need to accommodate the reality of the world we live in, while working to change it.

André

All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

• Misslinda
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Aug 2008 11:49 #1170 by Misslinda
Misslinda replied the topic: Re:Autoimmune disease-water fasting. Help
It's interesting how each persons condition is tailor made....

I think there is a misconception that \"fasting\" cures like a pill or is a an isolated episode that \"erases\" conditions that we are battling.

I can understand your anxiousness to keep fasting until it \"appears\" to have healed but in order to be \"healed,\" we must adhere to a lifestyle that carries on the higher vibrations of living that we achieve during our fasting state--which includes mind body and spirit.

Post fasting offers that challenge where our senses on a mind,body and spiritual level, is reprogramming and reconnecting to a purer body. After every fast, we are that much more purer and connected to our healing vibrations.

The heart of healing is mind body and spirit.

More
11 Aug 2008 00:02 #1171 by TheFastDoctor
So right, Misslinda.. fasting per se does not cure. Fasting does however remove from the intimate environment of the body and mind, those factors that often prevent spontaneous healing: Foreign substances the body needs to overcome before it can tackle the real problem.

Even more potent than the substances in food is of course often the substances in what is called \"medicine\", which is of course much more potent. That is where John (Fielder)'s observations come from, that he has yet to observe medicine bring about healing. And although I have on many occasions seen medicine saving lives, \"tide over\" the body to a state where it can heal, neither medicine (including \"supplements\") nor food brings about healing. At best they suppress symptoms. And so often the symptoms actually represents the healing forces at work. But sometimes symptoms are intense enough to kill, so sometimes we can buy time by postponing them..

There's just no healing force more omnipotent than fasting.

André

Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds