pierrot
Toonie

Audio Interview

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Supplement Ripoffs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect?

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect? 04 Oct 2012 10:14 #12979

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello

I know you mention that 40 days is the highest one can go. What can one expect during a 40 day water fast? i really want to go for that route to experience true healing on every level.

How many people have you supervised that have done 40 days and what did they achieve by doing it? Do you know if anyone on this forum has done 40 days of water fast with your active water fast approach?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect? 04 Oct 2012 11:21 #12983

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 685
Each person's response is unique. IF I ever consider taking a patient to 40 days I would insist on a profile of blood tests every week from at least the 3rd-4th week before I can take some responsibility for guidance given.

The longest I have personally supervised was 45 days, which was followed up within a week by more intermittent fasting eventually about 60 days out of 75. But because my facility is residential few people stay longer than a week or 2, which gives me preciously little first hand experience on fasts beyond 2 weeks.

Thus each individual will still need to be considered... and individual!

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superhuman, Ockeghem

Re: 30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect? 04 Oct 2012 16:07 #12996

• Ockeghem
  • Administrator
  • University Professor - Librarian and Musicologist
  • Thank you received: 225
The Fast Doctor wrote:
Each person's response is unique. IF I ever consider taking a patient to 40 days I would insist on a profile of blood tests every week from at least the 3rd-4th week before I can take some responsibility for guidance given.

The longest I have personally supervised was 45 days, which was followed up within a week by more intermittent fasting eventually about 60 days out of 75. But because my facility is residential few people stay longer than a week or 2, which gives me preciously little first hand experience on fasts beyond 2 weeks.

Thus each individual will still need to be considered... and individual!

André
André,

Echoing somewhat what Superhuman said above, I too would one day like to do a 40-day fast in order to experience the healing that I have read will occur.

Question: Can drinking a couple of cups of black (very weak) coffee and an occasional herbal tea (say 2-3 cups per week) knock one out of ketosis? (Incidentally, the herbal teas that I ingest do not have any calories and of course I do not add anything to them or to the coffee.)
Areas of specialty and interests: Canon and Fugue; Greek and Latin language and literature; Marathoning and Ultramarathoning; Martial Arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shotokan {Kissaki-Kai} Karate); Medieval and Renaissance music notation; Television series (All In the Family; Charmed, Dark Shadows, Lost, The Outer Limits, Roswell, Star Trek); Theology; Twelfth- and thirteenth-century conductus,...

Re: 30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect? 04 Oct 2012 17:50 #13001

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 685
Tea and coffee, dear Ockeghem, will not "Knock you out of ketosis" as they do not contain useful energy the body can use. The taste might create a slight hindrance, yes, but overall it is more likely to stimulate your metabolism rate and thus break down more fat.

But personally I never use coffee or any other form of caffeine because it speeds up the metabolism rate, and therefore the rate of aging..

One of the advantages of having a "taste free" period during the fast is that your taste buds gets a holiday, and thus become so much more sensitive upon returning to work..

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ockeghem

Re: 30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect? 04 Oct 2012 18:09 #13004

• Ockeghem
  • Administrator
  • University Professor - Librarian and Musicologist
  • Thank you received: 225
The Fast Doctor wrote:
Tea and coffee, dear Ockeghem, will not "Knock you out of ketosis" as they do not contain useful energy the body can use. The taste might create a slight hindrance, yes, but overall it is more likely to stimulate your metabolism rate and thus break down more fat.

But personally I never use coffee or any other form of caffeine because it speeds up the metabolism rate, and therefore the rate of aging..

One of the advantages of having a "taste free" period during the fast is that your taste buds gets a holiday, and thus become so much more sensitive upon returning to work..

André
André,

Very much appreciated. I really do love reading this: "... it is more likely to stimulate your metabolism rate and thus break down more fat."

Hopefully my low pulse as a result of years of running helps to offset whatever increase would be had by consuming caffeine. Thus far, as I mentioned in one or two other threads, my pulse rate is unaffected by the coffee I drink, or at least it was during my month-long experiment years ago.

Thank you again. :)
Areas of specialty and interests: Canon and Fugue; Greek and Latin language and literature; Marathoning and Ultramarathoning; Martial Arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shotokan {Kissaki-Kai} Karate); Medieval and Renaissance music notation; Television series (All In the Family; Charmed, Dark Shadows, Lost, The Outer Limits, Roswell, Star Trek); Theology; Twelfth- and thirteenth-century conductus,...

Re: 30-40 days of water fasting, what to expect? 10 Oct 2012 14:28 #13115

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thank you both :)
Moderators: TheFastDoctor, Ockeghem
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds