NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand

This site runs on Joomla, and Joomla uses cookies for its basic technical operation. Like millions of other sites, we use Google Analytics to monitor site usage statistics, and Google Analytics uses cookies for its basic technical operation.

We make no other use of cookies at all. We do not use cookies to collect any personal information, and we do not use cookies for the purposes of marketing or advertising.

None of our Joomla extensions use cookies either, other than the regular Joomla ones.

Fasting Connection

Welcome to our fasting forum and intermittent fast support network

Search this site

Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex

Visitors Counter

TodayToday118
YesterdayYesterday1485
This_WeekThis_Week7227
Guests 34
Now Online
rbthorne
Registered Today
-

Audio Interview

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Supplement Ripoffs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fasting to cure Asthma?

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

Fasting to cure Asthma? 27 Jul 2011 02:50 #8646

• jo-joe
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I am currently on DAY 2 of a water fast and I have seen a reduction in my "need" to take my inhaler. I usually have to take it as much as 3-5 times a day. However, between yesterday and today I have only used it twice. This led me to do some internet research on fasting as a cure to asthma. Unfortunately, I did not find any detailed information dealing specifically with asthma. Are there any fasters on this site that have had experience in this area? Also, Fast Doctor, is there any information that you can give me concerning the topic? I intend to fast for 3 days. I will go longer if I can, especially if it will help/cure my asthma, or potential inhaler addiction...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fasting to cure Asthma? 27 Jul 2011 03:02 #8647

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 710
I have seen this response many times, dear Jo-Joe.. and by the way welcome with your first post!

This experience of yours might perhaps indicate that your asthma is at least partly due to a food allergy. Ideally you should break every fast in future with a single food, and do peak flow measurements before and after eating this single food.. in this way you might identify the allergies that trigger your asthma.

Meanwhile, you'd be well advised to do some detox activities during your fast to eliminate the toxins released by the fast..

Long fasts, dear Jo-Joe, might not be necessary in your case as you need to test many foods.. I suggest you consider at least one (But it is safe to do up to 3) fasting day(s) per week, and break the fast with a single food each time. Then test your peak flow before eating and about an hour later.. the foods that cause most deterioration in your peak flow is most likely to be the culprits.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Re: Fasting to cure Asthma? 27 Jul 2011 07:28 #8648

• Esmée La Fleur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Hi, Jo-Joe, welcome to The Fasting Connection!

I just want to pitch in here and mention a book you might want to read. It is called Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. Victoria's daughter Valya had severe asthma from the time she was a small child and had never slept through the night without having an asthma attack. After adopting a 100% raw food diet, her asthma disappeared on the FIRST night and NEVER returned. Valya is a happy, healthy 20-something year old today.
Moderators: TheFastDoctor, Ockeghem
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds