NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand

This site runs on Joomla, and Joomla uses cookies for its basic technical operation. Like millions of other sites, we use Google Analytics to monitor site usage statistics, and Google Analytics uses cookies for its basic technical operation.

We make no other use of cookies at all. We do not use cookies to collect any personal information, and we do not use cookies for the purposes of marketing or advertising.

None of our Joomla extensions use cookies either, other than the regular Joomla ones.

Fasting Connection

Welcome to our fasting forum and intermittent fast support network

Search this site

Setting
  • Search area
    • Site
    • Web
  • Search type
    • Web
    • News
    • Video
  • Power by JLex

Visitors Counter

TodayToday1013
YesterdayYesterday1468
This_WeekThis_Week3853
Guests 41
Now Online
-
Registered Today
-

Audio Interview

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Supplement Ripoffs

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fasting and Skin Rashes

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

Fasting and Skin Rashes 21 Mar 2009 22:55 #3048

• Sky
  • Fresh Boarder
I am on Day 13 of my water fast, and I have recently broke out into hives all over my neck, face, ears, and chest. The Chest does not surprise me and same with the hair line and eyebrow because I had these the last fast, though it cleared by the 13th day I believe..chest rashes are also a sign of celiac disease, and candida...I feel awful...I went for a treatment zen shiatsu and it really did relieve alot of the rash, so I am sure that alot of the toxins I have been holding are also emotion based based on my reaction in the session. My question is how long do these rashes usually last... and would it be okay to apply aloe vera? It seems this detox is taking much longer to work through, I am not sure why...maybe my job...or my too frequent contact with my parents..I am sure that emotions have alot to do with the toxins we hold...the last fast I went through a break up, I was devasted but I felt free and alive...this time I am close to people who are expecting alot from me...I am a person who really needs freedom...
Does anyone else feel that their emotions play an important role in the detox?
And if this is the case, is it still possible to detox while being around people whom might be considered emotionally toxic...IE parents?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fasting and Skin Rashes 22 Mar 2009 00:48 #3049

• Misslinda
Sky wrote:
Does anyone else feel that their emotions play an important role in the detox?
And if this is the case, is it still possible to detox while being around people whom might be considered emotionally toxic...IE parents?

Happy Spring 2009 Sky!

SKIN is the largest detox organ and also considering we are into the SPRING season, that is the height of the liver season which means that activity of detox will be greater!

Rashes,hives,itchiness is a wonderful bodily adpatation to let us know there is disharmoy in our flow/blood. It doens't always mean that the influx of these "symptoms" means it's getting worse but in the context that you are fasting, very well be that it is releasing,sitrring up and breaking the barriers that withold the toxicity.

If you really need to get some relief, it doesn't hurt to add something topically but you may have more effective results with assisting your body to purge the toxins like sweating,exercising,deep breathing,dertox bath ( I'm loyal to Dr, Singha's MSP bath)

I find that deep breathing (oxygenate)is very effective in dealing with heightened detox episodes. In fact, making some of these modalities as part of your fasting schedule, can prevent such heightened responses.

Emotional detox is definately real and can be as challenging as physical detox. As you become more pure, we do have a period of feeling a little more sensitive to our surroundings/people because we are still adpating to the newly cleansed "senses." We are processing it all on many levels. Alot of it, subconciously....I think that is why i tend to be in complete solitude most of the time I am fasting.

Re:Fasting and Skin Rashes 22 Mar 2009 08:21 #3053

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 703
Welcome here dear Sky! Misslinda is giving you absolutely excellent advice which I agree with. You'll do well to heed that.

Meanwhile, please aso check the FAQ's and specifically the description of toxin elimination vs simple mobilization alone. Your skin is indeed the largest organ in the body and the one with direct access to the "oustide world" so if it inflames during a fast, this is a sure indication that something is trying to get from inside your body to outside. That's why sweating is such a crucial step in the 5-step elimination cycle and needs to follow directly on skin toning (massage) to be most effective.

Also, a few months before your birth, your brain and spine (Central nervous system) and the skin was one and the same organ. So we do see a lot of emotional factors reflect in the skin. When this coincide with toxins being banished from your tissues and escaping through the skin, rather severe inflammation is possible. But if you do 2 or more intense 5-step elimination cycles per day, it can be reversed rather rapidly and very often by day 5 to 7 we observe a glowing healthy skin. On the odd occasion of course it can take up to 3 weeks.

Please don't hesitate to bring more questions here.

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Re:Fasting and Skin Rashes 22 Mar 2009 19:27 #3060

• Sky
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you misslinda and Andre, I appreciate your feed back.

misslinda, I also really like being in solitude when I fast...of course I like solitude quite often...but when I fast there is so much intensity in my thoughts, that I really feel like people don't get me...or that I speak on a level that is not so surface, or too much for people to handle....and so I spend alot of time writing.
I'm on day 14 now, and I realize this is going to be a very long fast....I want this totally cleared out of my system...what ever it is....in a sense maybe it is a good thing that I am working cleaning for now, as I don't have to worry about my breath or my rashed and itchy skin!! OH! Fasting can be so enlightening and at the same time it takes me so deep inside myself that I am forced to face alot of darkness, and clean out these old wounds, and emotions....I am starting to feel like maybe there will be a wonderful transformation from this, body mind and spirit...

I've decided to try hot yoga....I am hoping this will help the detox move along...maybe help clear my skin and stretch my aching body!
Also one more question, what about if I steam my face over a stove with hot water?
Sky

Re:Fasting and Skin Rashes 22 Mar 2009 21:32 #3064

• TheFastDoctor
  • Thank you received: 703
To steam your face is a good idea but please remember steam per se (the invisible water vapour) contains more than 500 calories of "latent heat" energy per gram and will cause severe damage. You should only breathe it once condensed (visible vapour). Thus I always advise you keep your head next to the boiling water, not above. Use a towel or other cloth to enclose the container and your head, then breathe in the vapour through your nose..

André
All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.
Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds