Registered Today
-

Supplement Ripoffs

Introduction to Fasting Part 1

Introduction to Fasting Part 2

Audio Interview

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed?

Share a thread across all social networks and email

Bookmark and Share

Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 11:57 #7811

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello

Im thinking about doing a dry fast starting tomorrow or the next day of 5-7 dry fast days. If i can i will do all days at once but since i have never done a dry fast for longer then 3 days i guess i can be hard. Either way i will go dry as long as i can or my body wants then ill do 1 waterfast day to "recover" and go on with dry fast again till i meet the 5-7 day mark of total dry fast days.

Do i need any preperation for such a dry fast? in terms of Filinov talks about doing 2 days of citric acid water and 10 walnuts each day to prime your body for optimal fat burning state.

Anything else aswell?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 16:14 #7815

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Also in terms of how to break a fast lasting that "long". Is it ok to do it with leafy greens or fruit juice?

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 17:52 #7820

• Zharkih
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I did dry fasting 4 and 5 days and during this time I went to work as usually. I advise you to do this fasting, it will be a great experience. The most important advice: remove all the food from your eyes, stay calm as much as you can, do not plan any sensitive cases, as little as possible and get distracted talking to people, no one did not necessarily know that you are fasting. Good luck!

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 17:54 #7821

• Zharkih
  • Fresh Boarder
On exit first day better drink any fruit juice you like dissolved with water. On the second day eat as usual.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 18:05 #7822

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Zharkih wrote:
I did dry fasting 4 and 5 days and during this time I went to work as usually. I advise you to do this fasting, it will be a great experience. The most important advice: remove all the food from your eyes, stay calm as much as you can, do not plan any sensitive cases, as little as possible and get distracted talking to people, no one did not necessarily know that you are fasting. Good luck!

Thanx a ton. How did you prepar for the fast in terms of the 1-2 days before. Did you eat high fat meal before etc etc or how was your diet before you started the dry fast?
Also what was the result of the 5 day fast? fat loss? etc etc etc

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 18:05 #7823

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Zharkih wrote:
On exit first day better drink any fruit juice you like dissolved with water. On the second day eat as usual.

thank you

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 18:29 #7824

• Zharkih
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry I did not mentioned that I am fruitarian, and for me dry fasting is more easy than on any other diet inc. standard., so I did not prepared anyhow :). And I lost only 3 kilos :) But I read a lot of information about fasting at all, there can be any healthy person. You can prepare yourself by eating simple food. Do not think about weight loss , you will gain it again afterwards. As one author wrote fasting this is great gift that man have, but there few who use it. The result was great I felt myself much better, little weak, clear mind - it is all common symptoms that comes during fasting. Try to think that you body triggers the self-cleaning, but no starvation. It is more important be with positive thoughts during fasting, enjoying life. As people can do dry fasting 20 days or more 5 days it is only good start and, it is more complicated for mind to stay away from food not for body :).

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 19:43 #7828

• Milena
  • Thank you received: 63
superhuman wrote:
Either way i will go dry as long as i can or my body wants then ill do 1 waterfast day to "recover" and go on with dry fast again till i meet the 5-7 day mark of total dry fast days.

Do i need any preperation for such a dry fast? in terms of Filinov talks about doing 2 days of citric acid water and 10 walnuts each day to prime your body for optimal fat burning state.

Dear superhuman,

The moment you start drinking water your fast is broken for good. Always remember a golden rule of dry fast: 5 one day dry fasts are not equal to 5 day dry fast. To benefit from a 5-day fast it has to be uninterrupted.

The main reason Dr. Filonov advises to eat walnuts is to thin your blood so it does not get too thick during the long fast.
May the Energy you free from digesting serves your Body and Spirit well!

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 19:53 #7829

• Milena
superhuman wrote:
Also in terms of how to break a fast lasting that "long". Is it ok to do it with leafy greens or fruit juice?

I've had several discussions with my mentor, Dr. Filonov, regarding how the best way to break a long dry fast, so here's his rule of thumb:

1. Nothing raw on day one. When I do my long fasts, per his direction, I boil some appricots (raw or dry), prunes and raisins and drink that. The fruit becomes very soft when cooked so I eat some too. He says eating raw fruit too fast after long dry fast will damage pancreas.

The only deviation from the system I allow myself is natural coconut water, that I drink right after my first glass of water.

You can also make veggie soup with all kinds of veggies and eat that. No salt though. You can also have keffir.

2. Day 2 and 3 reintroduce raw veggie and fish broth (if you consume fish) You can start additing a little bit of salt on day two.

3. Day 3 renintroduce raw fruits.

4. You can start eating your regulard diet on day 4 or 5.

I hope this is helpful. Please blog your experince in blog section so we could all follow your progress!

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 21:23 #7835

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:
Either way i will go dry as long as i can or my body wants then ill do 1 waterfast day to "recover" and go on with dry fast again till i meet the 5-7 day mark of total dry fast days.

Dear superhuman,

The moment you start drinking water your fast is broken for good. Always remember a golden rule of dry fast: 5 one day dry fasts are not equal to 5 day dry fast. To benefit from a 5-day fast it has to be uninterrupted.

The main reason Dr. Filonov advises to eat walnuts is to thin your blood so it does not get too thick during the long fast.

Ahh ok thanx. But he recommends doing this when you are going for a 5 day fast?

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 21:25 #7836

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:

I've had several discussions with my mentor, Dr. Filonov, regarding how the best way to break a long dry fast, so here's his rule of thumb:

1. Nothing raw on day one. When I do my long fasts, per his direction, I boil some appricots (raw or dry), prunes and raisins and drink that. The fruit becomes very soft when cooked so I eat some too. He says eating raw fruit too fast after long dry fast will damage pancreas.

The only deviation from the system I allow myself is natural coconut water, that I drink right after my first glass of water.

You can also make veggie soup with all kinds of veggies and eat that. No salt though. You can also have keffir.

2. Day 2 and 3 reintroduce raw veggie and fish broth (if you consume fish) You can start additing a little bit of salt on day two.

3. Day 3 renintroduce raw fruits.

4. You can start eating your regulard diet on day 4 or 5.

I hope this is helpful. Please blog your experince in blog section so we could all follow your progress!

Ok thanx but what is qualified as a long dry fast? 3 days? 5 days? I hope i can do 5 days but im not really sure but i guess 3 days is in reach so ill take it from there i guess :)
Should i do anything to prefare for a 3-5 day fast?

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 21:28 #7837

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Zharkih wrote:
Sorry I did not mentioned that I am fruitarian, and for me dry fasting is more easy than on any other diet inc. standard., so I did not prepared anyhow :). And I lost only 3 kilos :) But I read a lot of information about fasting at all, there can be any healthy person. You can prepare yourself by eating simple food. Do not think about weight loss , you will gain it again afterwards. As one author wrote fasting this is great gift that man have, but there few who use it. The result was great I felt myself much better, little weak, clear mind - it is all common symptoms that comes during fasting. Try to think that you body triggers the self-cleaning, but no starvation. It is more important be with positive thoughts during fasting, enjoying life. As people can do dry fasting 20 days or more 5 days it is only good start and, it is more complicated for mind to stay away from food not for body :).

Thank you... im a frutarian myself :) but i eat some leafy greens. But in terms of weight loss im doing this to loose fat aswell and for health also. But i really want to loose those last 10-20 pounds of fat. If you gain back everything after then im not really sure i want to do it since then you are not loosing toxic stuff since your gaining everything back. There should be something lost

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 21:34 #7840

• Milena
superhuman wrote:
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:

Dear superhuman,

Yes, even with 2 and 3 days he does not recommend starting with raw fruit.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 16 Jun 2011 21:42 #7841

• Milena
superhuman wrote:
Thank you... im a frutarian myself :) but i eat some leafy greens. But in terms of weight loss im doing this to loose fat aswell and for health also. But i really want to loose those last 10-20 pounds of fat. If you gain back everything after then im not really sure i want to do it since then you are not loosing toxic stuff since your gaining everything back. There should be something lost

You do not gain everything back, unless you start eating more then you did before and stop exercising. On my last 7-day dry fast about two weeks ago I lost 21 lbs and gained back 13 lbs, which was mostly water weight. So my real weight loss in 7 days was 8 lbs.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 17 Jun 2011 01:40 #7848

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:

Dear superhuman,

Yes, even with 2 and 3 days he does not recommend starting with raw fruit.

ohh i ment about the 2 days of 10 walnuts each day and the 1 liter of citric acid a day like he writes on his page. Should you do this preperation before 3 day dry fast aswell? he says that it primes the body for using stored fat during the dry fast. You say yourself that you eat a high fat meal before the dry fast.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 17 Jun 2011 01:42 #7849

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:

You do not gain everything back, unless you start eating more then you did before and stop exercising. On my last 7-day dry fast about two weeks ago I lost 21 lbs and gained back 13 lbs, which was mostly water weight. So my real weight loss in 7 days was 8 lbs.

Thats what i wanted to hear. Yeah sure you gain it back if you go nuts after the fast but i dont have a plan of doing that... so then ill be doing the dry fast for sure :D just want to make it clear how i should prep for it. Like if i need to do a high fat meal or those 2 days like Filinov writes on his webpage about drinking citric acid for 2 days together with 10 walnuts each day :) since im going for 3-5 days dryfast maybe more time will tell :)

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 17 Jun 2011 02:54 #7852

• Milena
superhuman wrote:
You say yourself that you eat a high fat meal before the dry fast.

Cory eats high fat meal..:) I never said I do. I try to focus on protein in my last meal, i.e. fish or chicken and sour dairy like sour cream and kefir. I do not drink milk.

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 17 Jun 2011 02:58 #7853

• Milena
superhuman wrote:

Thats what i wanted to hear. Yeah sure you gain it back if you go nuts after the fast but i dont have a plan of doing that... so then ill be doing the dry fast for sure :D just want to make it clear how i should prep for it. Like if i need to do a high fat meal or those 2 days like Filinov writes on his webpage about drinking citric acid for 2 days together with 10 walnuts each day :) since im going for 3-5 days dryfast maybe more time will tell :)

Don't get a headache over it. Your eat healthy do begin with, so just eat some walnuts and don't consume anything with too much sugar. Maybe less fruit and more veggies for the two days to help your glucose stores deplete faster...:)

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 17 Jun 2011 11:45 #7857

• superhuman
  • Platinum Boarder
Milena wrote:
superhuman wrote:

Don't get a headache over it. Your eat healthy do begin with, so just eat some walnuts and don't consume anything with too much sugar. Maybe less fruit and more veggies for the two days to help your glucose stores deplete faster...:)

Ok thanx. But do glucose stores have to get depleted for fat loss to kick in ? whats why i was wondering about the walnuts and acid water since it makes the pH of the blood drop wich means ketones and fat will be released since that is their enviroment. Wich means that no glucose need to be lost from the muscles ?

Re: Dry Fast for 5-7 days any preperation needed? 17 Jun 2011 21:01 #7862

• Esmée La Fleur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Yes, you have to deplete glycogen reserves before you will start to burn fat in any appreciable amount. But no matter what you eat prior to beginning a dry frast you will enter ketosis within 24 hours, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If you have been eating raw fruits and vegies for 3 months and are keeping your fat low, your blood will be thin. If you do eat walnuts make sure they are English (not Black) walnuts, because they are the oines with Omega 3. Better yet eat chia seeds instead (throw a tbsp in a smoothie), as they are a much richer source of Omega 3 than English walnuts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Milena
Moderators: Milena
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds