Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Breakthroughs while Fasting...!

More
28 Apr 2013 17:09 #16386 by ilovefasting
ilovefasting created the topic: Breakthroughs while Fasting...!
I wonder if anyone can share their spiritual impact in their lives on regards to fasting?

For me, the first reason to fast has been always (weight loss, depression, more energy, general health). But as I was watching on youtube how there are people that jump in and out of fasts for spiritual breakthroughs, it open my eyes that they don't seem to pay much attention to the "details" of a prolonged fast (what to eat prior, for how long, breaking it etc..

There is this Pastor that wrote a book on regards to fasting few years back, I look for him again as I remember he put his whole church each january into fasting 21 days, by my surprise he had a new book called now: The "fasting edge"... I loved the word "edge" as he seems to explain as I saw a youtube video that we regain our "edge", "passion for life" after a fast and he seems to have way more follower to do this 21 day fast each year...

When I see this things, I just get so inspire to do a long fast, fearless. For some of us that are not into christianity much, the video does have things that might feel uncomfortable, but the message on fasting seems to be inspiring.

I wonder if other fasters would share how they feel after a fast? specially after a couple of weeks of fasting?. Have you had amazing breakthroughs?

The link if someone like to see it is:
The following user(s) said Thank You: david, Ibirene

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Ockeghem
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • University Professor - Librarian and Musicologist
More
28 Apr 2013 18:27 #16388 by Ockeghem
Ockeghem replied the topic: Breakthroughs while Fasting...!
Ilovefasting,

For me, fasting is as much spiritual as it is physical. Fasting is something recorded in the Hebrew bible and in the New Testament. Additionally, the teachings of the twelve apostles (The Didache) also record instances of fasting. This document "prescribed two fast days a week: Wednesday and Friday." For early Christians, this was seen as a regular part of daily discipleship. In my experience, it doesn't seem to be done nearly as often (or as consistently) today in New Testament churches. (I can't speak for mosques or synagogues as I don't attend either of those.)

Areas of specialty and interests: Canon and Fugue; Greek and Latin language and literature; Marathoning and Ultramarathoning; Martial Arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shotokan {Kissaki-Kai} Karate); Medieval and Renaissance music notation; Television series (All In the Family; Charmed, Dark Shadows, Lost, The Outer Limits, Roswell, Star Trek); Theology; Twelfth- and thirteenth-century conductus,...
The following user(s) said Thank You: david

More
28 Apr 2013 20:21 #16389 by ilovefasting
ilovefasting replied the topic: Breakthroughs while Fasting...!
wow..!

I feel so ignorant. I did read and saw people emphasizing that in the bible said: when you fast, instead of "if" you fast and the miracles that happened. But I was not aware about fasting twice a week... that's great. If you have any books you recommend me to read, don't hesitate to share, I am just starting out...

I feel I am glowing from the inside out of the joy and peace that felt to find people doing fasts on weekly basis, I guess I was so invested in the cultural eating patron of my surroundings that I stopped looking online for new things out there (witch ironically must be the oldest out there) lol...

Anyhow, I am praying and fasting and today things just flew like miracles, little things that seem to be syncronicities, but I feel as if the flow of what I need in the moment are just in-front of me... weird isn't it? cool...

thanks for sharing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ockeghem

More
28 Apr 2013 22:19 #16392 by david
david replied the topic: Breakthroughs while Fasting...!
hello ilovefasting and thanks for these thought provoking questions. My experience in brief is that I always feel more connected spiritually when fasting however if I break the fast either too suddenly or on the wrong combinations or too much food I come back down with a bang! Herein lies the big lesson for me. So I try to modulate the fast with moderation in the way I deal with the fast and also the transition back to solid foods. This is why I believe in the benefits of intermittent fasting because it helps me exercise my willpower more often. And I get many more opportunities to get it right. Good luck with your fast and thank you for sharing.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

More
29 Apr 2013 00:18 #16394 by ilovefasting
ilovefasting replied the topic: Breakthroughs while Fasting...!

David wrote: I always feel more connected spiritually when fasting however if I break the fast either too suddenly or on the wrong combinations or too much food I come back down with a bang! .

I do wonder about that as well, is like if some cloud of darkness hits you and all the uplifting thoughts vanished.... as if we are suddenly grounded to earth from a beautiful drug/like zen bliss... So I agree with you, I would like to master those transitions so they start becoming more like instinct...

Another thought could be that in this planet we are spirits living a "Human experience" with some density required to materialized things, a dimension that requires "bodies". So when we fast, we inevitable raise our frequency as we are "less dense" "more spirit?" So keeping our bodies with the right density might be something we need to keep watching as part of this game. But doing it by fasting and eating seems like GREAT, because we get to taste both feeling, the good one of fasting yet the amazing experience we have by having bodies.... eating... :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds