Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

40 Day water/juice fast

More
19 Feb 2011 20:09 #5917 by Sandi7
Sandi7 created the topic: 40 Day water/juice fast
I will be starting a third attempt at a 40 day fast beginning March 9, the most I have did is 27 days. I need to fast for direction and for closeness with God. I really need advice and more importantly encouragement. Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2011 23:01 #6040 by chartmango
chartmango replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
I'm with you Sandi7,
I am beginning a 40 day fast Wed. for similar spiritual and health purposes. I'll be there for you and we can do this..

More
06 Mar 2011 17:37 #6051 by GreenJuice
GreenJuice replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Is it one day water fast and next day juice fast?
Juice fast is not really a fast, the body still has to process nutrients.

More
06 Mar 2011 20:20 #6055 by Sandi7
Sandi7 replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Thank you so much! Let's keep in touch as often as possible, the first three days r the worst!

More
06 Mar 2011 20:31 #6056 by Sandi7
I've always did water for the first two weeks anyway, I am open to any suggestions!

More
06 Mar 2011 21:56 #6058 by chartmango
looking forward to it.
I'll be doing juice for the first week and then going to water.
Good luck, let's talk Wednesday!

More
09 Mar 2011 18:20 #6098 by chartmango
Ok, here we are... I woke up very excited to start. Also nervous.
But I'm committed, I am doing this. And i know I have support.
Looking forward to my water for breakfast.
And lunch..... And dinner.

More
09 Mar 2011 19:54 #6099 by Sandi7
The first three days are tough, but it'd happening! I am also very excited and nervous but ready!! I know this is going to be a rough road but I am going to focus on how healing this fast will be... mentally, physically and spiritually!!

More
10 Mar 2011 00:24 #6107 by chartmango
A little brain fog this afternoon... Water really is refreshing.
I worry about having to make dinner for the kids tonight.
I know I won't eat, but the smells are enough to kill...
At work, everyone seems to bring the smelliest stuff in for lunch,
Any experienced fasters out there have suggestions how to keep my ever-so-powerfull sense of smell under control?

More
10 Mar 2011 02:40 #6110 by Sandi7
Hang in there CM!!! Just keep thinking how healing this fast is for you to extend your life for those kids!! Keep it up!

More
11 Mar 2011 00:38 #6120 by chartmango
Hunger isnt bothering me but I had to put a pot of cinnamon and cloves to boil on the stove today. smells, Food, dust, mildew, it's crazy. my nose is super sensitive. Is it me?
How you makin out Sandi7? Whats your day like?are you in this big rainstorm on the east coast? This is perfect weather for fasting. Maakes me want to curl up with a book.
Hope you're enjoying it.

More
11 Mar 2011 00:53 #6122 by Sandi7
Hey CM not doin too good, got the mega headache, no caffeine so must be all the other junk!! I'm hanging in though, this helps - having a fasting buddy!! You sound good today, praise God!! Say some prayers for me if u would please!

More
11 Mar 2011 02:32 #6125 by chartmango
You hang tough sandi7, I got your back. Fight the good fight and try to get some rest.

More
12 Mar 2011 08:26 #6144 by chartmango
It was a long day. Work, work, work...I feel good, I have a light euphoria that I walk around in like a blanket that protects me from the harsh reality. I think what I mean is, it's not a fuzzy head or foggy brain but my peripheral vision is broader and softer around the edges.
It has a glow. I'm not easily frustrated or upset. I have a better temperament. I smile more. I'm not as apt to apologize, and I have a clearer objective at the onset.
I remember this feeling from the past. It's worth the price of admission.
How are you doing Sandy7? I think about you. I was thinking, you know I got to keep going. It keeps getting better. These are the tough days. Keep going. It's early, we'll get the pace, the water start flowing like wine soon enough.

More
13 Mar 2011 01:00 #6147 by Sandi7
I'm hanging in there CM just need lots of prayers, these first few days r always the worse for me. You r giving me encouragement with your wonderful reports, keep up the good work!

More
14 Mar 2011 19:02 #6179 by chartmango
Hey Sandi7, how you doin', I had a long relaxing Sunday and feel pretty good today, day 6... How about you? I had a few stomach pangs yesterday, but I worked them out with a little stretching and yoga. I didn't feel much like heavy exercising, I took it easy, but this morning I got a "5 step" before work. I scrubbed all over with a loofa(?) in the hot shower and my skin felt very invigorated. Hope you're doing well, you're in my prayers...
C

More
15 Mar 2011 02:12 #6193 by Free
Free replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Hello! Just chiming in here even though it's not my thread, will be following the thread as well as fasting :) I had a rather large and meaty breakfast before writing my original post and deciding to start today instead of some mystical future date, so tomorrow will be the first official fasted day. Thanks for the invite!!
Maggie

More
15 Mar 2011 02:23 #6194 by chartmango
Welcome! Free at last, its always hard to start, I'm with you there. That's why I pick a date. Its just easier for me to stick to. Water fast for me until I have to say " uncle" then I'll do juice for a bit to get through the rough patch. It's good to have friends in a time like this. The more the merrier.

More
15 Mar 2011 02:39 #6195 by Free
Free replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
As a total aside.... My teeth (have a few fillings) have been hurting lately. Would love if a decent length fast could help that!! I've also noticed some hard spots under the skin, they seem almost like tiny cysts or fatty deposits or something-- over my kneecap, another different one between the heads of my deltoids, and something else right on my elbow. I noticed on my other short fasts that my skin was great and almost unnoticeable skin tags all disappeared so I'm all for more improvements.

Another goal for the fast, sorry I'm rambling here but this is very important to me, I'd like to increase my awareness and the effectiveness and clarity of my meditation. I meditate with intention, a variety of intentions but intent all the same and stuffed full of food is very dulling to my inner guidance as well as my sensitivity for receiving information. It would be very meaningful to clean up things in that regard.

More
15 Mar 2011 03:10 #6196 by Sandi7
You give me incentive CM - keep up the good work!! I wish I knew something about yoga sounds very healing. As for me I'm barely hanging on - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!!! Thanks for the prayers, much needed.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds