Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

40 Day water/juice fast

More
26 Jan 2012 17:25 #9727 by Jimmy2Fat
Jimmy2Fat replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
lovesolvesall, you are very welcome, to fast with me! One catch, you have to take C's advice, if you break it, just post here, no judgement, lets learn from each other. Win or lose, lets message each other and get this going.

Ibocsca, you dear lady are an inspiration.

O.k. guys, water fast take 2, today is the day. I have steeped out on the field with sword and shield in hand. The field is empty, no opposition. I stand and wait for the enemy army of hunger to come, as I am sure it will.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2012 20:20 #9728 by Sandi7
Sandi7 replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Hi Everyone!! I wanted to quote a fasting site that I printed up to read in 2005... "When it comes to long fasts and inability of somebody to handle a long fast, you just do the best you can. When detoxication increases as it does during fasting, the liver, kidneys, lungs and immune system work extra hard to handle the load. If these systems were already compromised before the fast, one must proceed carefully. You go as long as you can tolerate it, whether physiologically, or emotionally, and then come back to eating again. Once you have some energy and are a few steps further toward health, you can consider doing another fast. Several short fasts can definitely do wonders if one long fast cannot be undertaken."

When I first started fasting 20 years ago, it used to be so easy because my body was fit and I ate much better back then which contributed to less toxins in my system. The body is a miraculous thing, it knows when enough is enough. I am taking my own advice here because evenutally I know I will be successful in doing regular long fasts like I used to do. A little side note is I used to fast for spiritual reasons, for others, not myself. Fasting with prayers just opens doors and offers much deliverence for others. Thats why for me this has been so frustrating. I feel disconnected from my God.

So lets not ever give in to these short small fasts, even if its just a meal or two, rest assured any fast is going to prepare the body and mind for the longer euphoric fast!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chartmango

More
27 Jan 2012 01:56 #9732 by lovesolvesall
lovesolvesall replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Jimmy- Just remember we will be able to eat again. That's what I kept reminding myself when I did the 36 day fast. And really that's what motivated me to last so long. I almost gave in on days 22 and 30 but something in me said you already did it 3 weeks why not a little longer? You already did it 4 weeks why not a little longer? And then by day 36 I new it was time to break the fast. It is really all in our minds.. And if we can control our minds and the thoughts that we have then we are the real winners. I gave in a lot this past week and it didn't feel to great (b/c something higher has been telling me to fast) So now today that I have not given in and I feel that REAL determination .. Today is the day I know I will start and not give in. Now im not sure how long im going to go on this fast. We will see b/c my last one was only suppose to be I think 7-14 days. But once you get past the 5-8 day mark it gets easy from there!! I was thinking of doing juice too but right now im gearing for just water. Goodluck on day number 1!!!! We have officially started :)

More
27 Jan 2012 18:16 #9736 by B_radly
B_radly replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Greetings... I'm new here. Hello to all.

I'm on day 5 of a water/broth/juice fast, striving for a 10 day fast beginning just water today. Last night I broke out in a crazy rash, itchy, and still my feet and hands this morning are so inflamed and itchy I can barely stand it. Crazy stuff this detox.

Anyway, I guess I'm just here for support and wisdom. Nobody in my family knows except my love, and she doesn't understand and is not supporting me like I would like. But don't call the wambulance just yet... I've got a couple of my brothers in Christ encouraging me.

Very difficult days ahead for me. Lots of loneliness and darkness right now, so much I will digress.

I've read most of this thread. ChartMango, you are the man! Get at me.
Wishing you all well.

BTW... I'm roughly 35, in love with my wife and kids, in love with my God.

Thanks.
B_radly out...
The following user(s) said Thank You: chartmango

More
27 Jan 2012 21:54 #9738 by lovesolvesall
Detoxing is intense but after the fast you will feel amazing. I found out during my last fast that it's usually better to not tell people. My husband eventually supported me b/c he saw how much it healed me. Have you ever tried meditating? When I feel lonely etc I go and do some deep breathing by myself for 30-1 and after I always feel better. Good luck Bradly!!

More
28 Jan 2012 06:08 #9742 by B_radly
Hi.

Thanks for the above reply Lovesolves.

Today is the end of day 5. Pretty intense detoxing I guess. Still have crazy rash, came on real strong thiis morning and also while I was at the food store just now. Hands swelling and red itchy all over, eyes swollen. I'm sure I look pretty funny in the store with my red rashed up swollen eyes and face. Did 14 mile bike ride today though, didn't cramp or tire once. Felt incredible.

I'm curious if I can go sit in the sauna for a few minutes to sweat some of the stuff out. Anyone know if the sauna would be acceptable or too over-the-top? Also curious to know how much exercise I could do if I feel good.

Thanks in advance.

More
28 Jan 2012 06:30 #9743 by Lisafast
Lisafast replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
@B_randy,
Regarding a sauna and fasting. I didn't use a sauna, however I had a hot tub that I had gone in while fasting. The result was that I felt like I was going to pass out and I had to sit down and put my head between my knees. I also one time ended up throwing up bile after using the hot tub, however, I had also done an enema before the hot tub, so it could have been that. Now I'm not sure if a sauna would have the same effect. I did use the hot tub after the near passing out, because it warmed me up. I just was careful getting out and made sure rested on a chair with my head down until I began to cool down.

By the way, great job with the bike ride. Did you keep up the same pace as usual or were you slower? I ran this morning and it was awful. I only did 2 miles instead of 5 and they were slow!!

More
28 Jan 2012 13:45 #9748 by chartmango
chartmango replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
J, your avatars crack me up. I love your truthful compassion. Keep the flame burnin.

More
28 Jan 2012 14:10 #9750 by chartmango
Hey y'all, good to see everybody, sandi, j, love, Ibocska, and welcome booradley, thanks for the kind words, and sorry I was gone for the past day or so. You know how life has a funny way of rearing it's head from time to time. This week was one of those dragon kind a weeks,( literally and figuratively). But really, thank you all for carrying the torch... And not letting it go out. It is a bit like the Olympic torch, just keep passing it off to anyone and everyone who has the itch and the need for inspiration...
So,, keeping it real , I actually dismounted the horse thi, yesterday morning... I didn't fall off...and I did it with care and eased my way back in with oranges(more later) and have been 80% raw, blah, blah blah.... But I plan to get through this wrench that life threw at me, wash the horse thoroughly and get back on him Monday morning... And you all are what gives me the strength to start all over again...
This isn't a race, or competition, but it is a challenge every step of the way. ..thanks for your support. .. Now on to the meat and potatoes, so to speak.

My personal feelings about saunas and hot tubs, and I do mean personal, I'm not a doctor and I m not a preacher.... Saunas are great way of sweating out toxins, granted you are mindful of exposure and dont overdo it. but my concern with hot tubs is the chlorine and other chemicals your skin(largest human organ) is absorbing.. Anything done in moderation is my general creedo. But this period of shedding toxins I would stay clear of swimming pools or any type of creams or lotions that have any ingredients you wouldn't put in your mouth. That's just me.

More
28 Jan 2012 14:26 #9751 by chartmango
So, who's in for a restart Monday morning? Or if you're still fasting as I know some of you are, let's join hands here and do this. The love and support from these pages and keeping this thread alive and strong is both motivational and inspirational. .. Just being on solids for less than 24 hours and I realize how easy it is to get locked into the funk... Theres no spark, or better yet there's no life when I eat dead food.... All right no preaching.

More
28 Jan 2012 17:02 #9753 by Lisafast
@Chartman, wow, I never thought about that with my hot tub what my skin was absorbing. Well, I don't have it any more, the whole thing cracked and my husband sawed it into 4 pieces and put it in the trash. I miss it, but now I just fill up the bathtub when I want to warm up.

Some of my best fasts have occurred after I fell off the wagon and then got back on. Good for you to blog it and share with others. Many people can get intimidated by the idea of a 40 day fast, but when they see that we struggle too, they are encouraged to try. I would suggest that you try water only. When you take in juice, your body never switches to fat burning as fuel (ketosis) and so you are constantly having hunger. Plus you don't burn as much fat. Juice fasting is very good at giving your digestive track a rest, but you won't get all the benefits of fasting while you're still taking in calories. On water, the hunger goes away, usually by the third day. There are still cravings, but these are from habit, not hunger.

Best of wishes to you all.

More
29 Jan 2012 00:37 #9761 by Chetto
Chetto replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
I've personally found saunas to be highly beneficial whether fasting or not. Sure, it's important to not push it too hard while fasting, and I usually drink between 1 and 2 quarts of water between rounds. I usually turn the heat down a little too, but the warmth can feel really good sometimes. I know for a fact it drives toxins out too, because I can smell them. I have found saunas to be another very useful tool for cleaning myself out, and once did a month (wasn't fasting) of very long saunas (getting in and out frequently) every day with some very amazing results. I'm three weeks into a fast now, and skipped yesterday, but did saunas after very light workouts to get my heartrate up the 2 days before that.

More
29 Jan 2012 03:46 #9762 by Lisafast
Chetto,
Are you three weeks into a water fast? That is interesting about your experience with saunas. I'd love it if you'd share your fasting experience. Did you see the blog section where you can post the progress of your fast? Welcome to the forum!

More
29 Jan 2012 04:23 #9764 by Chetto
Chetto replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Hi Lisa - thanks for the nice reply. I began this fast with 11 days of juice fasting, and today is my 10th day of water, with a tiny bit of fresh lemon juice and small amount of selective herbs. I've come to see fasting as something like training for a marathon, and it takes time to work up to a long water fast. I personally believe juice fasting makes a whole lot of sense starting out to let the body and mind get used to the idea, and add in water fasting. I did a 55 day juice fast 3.5 years ago, and felt pretty good at the end, though I realized it was only a good start. Every fast after I started adding days with water, going 10 days on the next one with 20 days juice, then 14, 21, and I think I'm ready to go for a long one now.

There is a lot of psychology to successful fasting too, and I totally relate to where many are in this forum, but it is possible to do whatever you really want to do. A key is to set yourself up to win! There is a great documentary that came out last year called 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead'. It's a story about two different guys who went on 60 day juice fasts with incredible and highly inspirational results.
Jim

More
29 Jan 2012 14:53 #9768 by B_radly
Day 6... I ended my fast last night at sundown with some organic chicken broth and cooked celery, potatoes, onions and carrots. After going through three days of very intense and progressively worsening hives and incredibly itchy hands and feet and body and face, I gave in. I don't feel like a failed at all, but rather succeeded at some level mentally and physically. I'm not savvy with this whole thing, though I have done a few 1-3 day fasts prior. I was intending on a 10 day fast, but just didn't work out this time. I have four kids under 6, a heavy load of work and duties, and I do all the cooking at home, which is very difficult for me, because... well, I like to eat. What can I say.

I can tell you this though, I felt incredible yesterday and now. I feel like I got rid of some nasty toxins, and some aches in my body subsided.

I have a narly case of acid reflux I've dealt with now for 4 years. I'm hoping I can be healed of that naturally with diet and a return to intense exercise. Nexium sucks, wish I didn't have to take it.

Chetto, thanks for the experiential advice on saunas. I'm going up the gym today to sit for a bit in one and lift, see how that pans out.

Thanks to all.

Good on yas.
B_radly

More
29 Jan 2012 18:01 #9769 by Lisafast
Hey CHetto, I love the metaphor of a fast as a marathon, especially since I'm a runner. I believe you are so right in that you can build up to longer fasts. THat has certainly been my experience.

Hey B_radly, I know how hard it is to cook for a family while fasting. Lucky for me, my kids are older and are pretty accomplished cooks. Perhaps later on you can try another fast later. I wonder why you had such itching and rashes. Perhaps it's something that you need to do something like Dr Ben Kim's Full Body Cleanse rather than fasting. It focuses on helping your body eliminate toxins. He has a great website, some info on fasting and recipes for his cleanse (No, it does not involve cayenne pepper and lemons). He says the basics for detoxification are:
Expose yourself to as much fresh air as possible.

Get as much physical and emotional rest as possible.

Stay hydrated with water-rich foods and liquids.

Minimize your exposure to exogenous and endogenous toxins.

CHeck it out. It might help you eliminate whatever toxins are causing the rash. Best of luck!

More
30 Jan 2012 08:41 #9772 by lovesolvesall
Congrats on your 6 day fast!! Today is my first day of water only and I have hives all over my ankles.. It's odd they are all red and blotchy. Sheesh I almost gave up about 10 times today. If it wasn't for this website I think I would.. When I don't feel like I can do it anymore I just read a ton of blogs and get back on the band wagon. Good luck everyone pls KIT on here as this fast seems to be harder then my first 36 day fast..

More
04 Feb 2012 05:07 #9814 by Jimmy2Fat
I was slain on the battlefield just under two days in. Everything was fine and I was confident, then this voracious appetite hit me. I probably could have survived it, but I entertained the thought of caving in and eating ... once I did that, it was like a crowbar wedged into the door of my will power and wedged it open more and more. When my mind cleared, I found myself sitting in front of a large pizza over 3/4 of the way gone with two empty beer cans beside the box. So, I guess I didn't break the fast gently with a little juice ...

The result, I'm still a big fat ape. I really think I could have survived that hunger wave if I didn't entertain the thought of eating, by that I mean for a second I imagined caving in and eating.

Although eating alot, I haven't hit any fast food stands, mostly healthier foods, fish and vegetables ... weight staying steady.

I am preparing to start a water only fast again starting this Sunday or Monday (Feb. 5 or 6)... was wondering if anyone else was going to start one at the same time? If you didn't make it as long as you thought like me, perhaps we can try to hit a new record together ....

More
04 Feb 2012 05:53 #9815 by Jimmy2Fat
Two tries, both failed about 2 days in. I wonder why I got the voracious hunger on the second day both times ... makes me think that if I could just get to the third day, perhaps my body will be over the "hump" ...

More
05 Feb 2012 20:20 #9825 by KMS
KMS replied the topic: Re: 40 Day water/juice fast
Jimmy, from what I've experienced and read the 3rd-day in seems to be the tilting point, hunger really kicks in as though it's giving it one last "hurrah" before your stomach kicks into a more comfortable phase. One tip might be to do a pre-fast by eliminating simple carbs, eating less and no alcohol. Sort of shrink the stomach a bit. It's a hard road, I know, but don't give up you can do it! The mind is powerful, it will cooperate if you give it the fuel it needs. Good luck, restart on Monday. The beginning of the week always serves as a clean slate.

Time to create page: 0.951 seconds