Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting

More
02 Jul 2011 08:24 #8134 by mylife76
mylife76 created the topic: fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting
So i have been trying to water fast in so long and cant seem to win over the temptation of craving and it infuriates and each time i fail i just get more and more frustrated over myself... First of, im doing this to step up my consciousness and spiritual awareness , mental clarity and emotional stability.
So i read about the fruitarian and mono diet... and it is very interesting. I know that there is nothing best when it comes to result when it comes to water fasting but i want to try something that i know i can stick to and have the sdame effects as the water fasting. So question is, with mono diet (watermelon or apple) will it have the same effect as the water fast..psychologically/emotionally and spiritually?

with mono diet im planning to stick to it for a month...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2011 21:10 #8137 by Yuliya
Yuliya replied the topic: Re: fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting
Monodiet will not have the same effect. In fact it will be quite different from water fast.
But it is definitely very detoxifying and easy on digestion, and will enable you to loose weight if that's what you are looking for.
Actually, you might want to consider just going on low fat raw fruits for a months, instead of monodiet. It will also enable you to detoxify and to loose weight, but it's a lot easier to stick to than mono.

May compassion to yourself and all beings guide you in your eating, fasting, and lifestyle choices.

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

More
05 Jul 2011 12:57 #8174 by mylife76
mylife76 replied the topic: Re: fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting
actaully the reason why im interested in fasting is because i wanted to achieve the euphoric feelingthat one does on fasting. so i was wondering if i will acheive that on mono diet. :)

More
05 Jul 2011 15:28 #8176 by david
david replied the topic: Re: fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting
Mylife76 some people feel that euphoric sensation when the body enters into ketosis. This is achieved by water fasting for more than 3 days. As it can take 2 -3 days to enter ketosis.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

More
05 Jul 2011 16:10 #8178 by mylife76
so with monodiet, will the body still enter ketosis eventhough one is eating?

More
05 Jul 2011 18:08 - 05 Jul 2011 18:09 #8182 by Yuliya
You are not going to enter ketosis on monodiet or any diet for sure.

But you are very likely to experience 'high' on fruit monodiet, or on juice feast, or even on a diet of low fat juicy fruits.
The less amount of energy is needed for digestion, the more pronounced will be your 'high'.
I think if you want to experience 'euphoric' feeling than juice feast or a mono diet is a better choice than water fast.
If you decide to do a fruit monodiet be very careful with your choice of fruit. Don't go on an acid fruit for too long - it can damage your teeth. Melons or even banana smoothies (bananas blended with water) would be great. If you go on oranges - make orange juice and don't juice oranges with your teeth or you can damage your enamel.

May compassion to yourself and all beings guide you in your eating, fasting, and lifestyle choices.

All my posts are based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of the licensed medical practitioner.

More
06 Jul 2011 07:57 #8199 by mylife76
thank you Yuliya,.... you have been helpful!

More
06 Jul 2011 17:47 #8203 by Milena
Milena replied the topic: Re: fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting

mylife76 wrote: I know that there is nothing best when it comes to result when it comes to water fasting..

Yes there is something better then water fasting when it comes to results and that is Dry Fasting. On dry fast your hunger is gone after 1 day and you enter ketosis by the time you reach 24 hours. In 9 days of dry fast I achieved more then in 30 days of water fast, So the fact that dry fast is 3 times more powerful then water fast is absolutely true. That said, of course, it is not for everyone and unless you are doing 36-hours (which is safe for anyone) anything beyond that requires some preparation and training of the body. One thing for sure, I would never make it to 40-days with water if I did not start with 9 days on dry. If you have to consume anything by itself, including water, for a long period gradually you will feel nauseated just from thinking to take another bite or another sip ever again. So when you chose your fruit makes sure it is the one you absolutely love.

May the Energy you free from digesting serves your Body and Spirit well!

More
06 Jul 2011 18:09 #8204 by Yuliya

Milena wrote: So when you chose your fruit makes sure it is the one you absolutely love.

Yes, I second this. And also make sure that it's easy to find in its ripe state.

More
06 Jul 2011 22:05 #8208 by mylife76
Wow!dry fasting...not you feel thirsty with dry fasting? How many days maximum is the safer for dry fast? It's hot here where I'm from... Is it safe to dry fast here?

More
06 Jul 2011 23:35 #8211 by Esmée La Fleur
Esmée La Fleur replied the topic: Re: fruit monodiet vs. waterfasting
I just wanted to say that I have done both water fasting and mono diets and I have never experienced a euphoric feeling from either one, but your experience might be different.

More
07 Jul 2011 00:54 #8220 by mylife76
How long have you done the mo osier and water fast?

More
07 Jul 2011 01:25 #8222 by Milena

mylife76 wrote: Wow!dry fasting...not you feel thirsty with dry fasting? How many days maximum is the safer for dry fast? It's hot here where I'm from... Is it safe to dry fast here?

I am in Los Angeles so if anything it is probably cooler where you are...:) There is no one-for-all safe length of dry fast. It depends on the individual and the climate the person is in. Generally the cooler it is the longer you can dry fast. I did my 9.5 days in March and could have gone for longer but switch to water at that point. With the way the weather is now I would probably not go for more then 7 days. But I am also an experienced dry faster and in a very good health with almost no detox effects. The safest length of dry fast for anyone who is just starting is 36 hours. It can provide you with a taste of what dry fast is like. People find it much easier then water fast in terms of hunger. As for thirst, I did not feel thirsty until day 9.

More
07 Jul 2011 01:35 #8224 by Milena
Esmee, most likely you experienced it in a very mild form without it being too obvious. Also each of us might have a different understanding of euphoria and some might experience it as a regular state of being while others as once in a life time occurance.

I think it also depends on the prefasting diet and the depth of ketosis. Here's an interesting short paper on euphoria and fasting:

www.moodfoods.com/dieting/fasting.pdf

The following user(s) said Thank You: mylife76

More
07 Jul 2011 08:10 #8240 by Esmée La Fleur

mylife76 wrote: How long have you done the mo osier and water fast?

I mono-ed on watermelon for 11 days about 20 years ago and I mono-ed on pineapple for 62 days last year. I have done many water fasts, ranging from 14 to 25 days over the past 20 years. I have done one 3 day dry fast.

More
07 Jul 2011 08:11 #8241 by Esmée La Fleur

Milena wrote: Esmee, most likely you experienced it in a very mild form without it being too obvious. Also each of us might have a different understanding of euphoria and some might experience it as a regular state of being while others as once in a life time occurance.

I think it also depends on the prefasting diet and the depth of ketosis. Here's an interesting short paper on euphoria and fasting:

www.moodfoods.com/dieting/fasting.pdf

Thank you for the link, Milena.

More
07 Jul 2011 19:29 #8246 by Yuliya

Esmée La Fleur wrote: I mono-ed on watermelon for 11 days about 20 years ago and I mono-ed on pineapple for 62 days last year. I have done many water fasts, ranging from 14 to 25 days over the past 20 years. I have done one 3 day dry fast.

Wow, Esmee, monoing on pineapple for 62 days! Did you find them consistenly ripe?

More
07 Jul 2011 23:01 #8254 by mylife76
Yesterday i tried dry fasting for about 12 hours and it wasnt so bad. so i decided that i will start with a 24-32 hr dry fast first then transision to water fast for 7 days atleast depending on how i feel... wish me luck!!! still thinkingif i should start today coz today is my work day or start tomorrow since itll be my off days!!! perfet for fasting!

More
07 Jul 2011 23:15 #8255 by Milena
Personally when I do long fasts I always prefer to end on my days off, since the first few days are easy but the last days can be challenging. That of course depends on your experience and whether it's your first fast for that particular length of time.

Wishing you strength and clarity!

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds