Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Badly needs a Mentor...

More
20 Apr 2012 21:16 #10744 by Shant
Shant replied the topic: Re: Badly needs a Mentor...
Loquat! haha.. i was postponing to break my fast until i read your post! total and houmous are in the fridge. and tzatziki are easy to be made.. don't have dill though. nevermind. think i'm looking forward to eating again? :evil:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2012 01:23 #10745 by loquat1
loquat1 replied the topic: Re: Badly needs a Mentor...
Hey Shant,

Oh no, please don't tell me I'm responsible for you breaking? All this talk about food just too much torture? I shall desist forthwith.

More
21 Apr 2012 03:09 #10746 by newbieme
newbieme replied the topic: Re: Badly needs a Mentor...
It has been much too long since I've posted here and I've had a lot going on. I have some big changes coming up in the next month or so that I feel I can only truly embrace for the fullest if I am in my best and right state of mind. That will only happen if I am able to free myself from my food addiction and unhealthy relationship I have with food. I know it's not the smartest thing to set a concrete amount of days to fast in case I don't complete all that I set out for, but I feel as though I have to have to do this for me and for all of those around me and my loved ones. I want to be my best self which has been hindered and held back by such horrible food issues.
I'm here to provide encouragement and support for all of you who need and want it and also to seek the courage I need from all of you.

Please support me as I embark on this journey of self discovery once again in hope that I can achieve my goal. Continue this for however long it may be for me to not have to be held down by food any longer.

More
21 Apr 2012 09:20 - 21 Apr 2012 09:22 #10747 by Shant
Shant replied the topic: Re: Badly needs a Mentor...
Hi loquat, nothimg to apologise for. You helped me. Haven't broken it yet, will do so after weight training today. Anyway, facing temptations makes us stronger until one day we are able to resist them automatically.

More
21 Apr 2012 13:47 - 21 Apr 2012 13:51 #10748 by loquat1
@ Shant: Phew! You had me worried there for a minute. And I'm flattered that I've actually managed to help someone with their fasting despite rambling on endlessly about food!

@newbieme: Most of us are addicted to one thing or another, and self-mastery is just one of many incentives that encourages us to regain control through fasting. So you're not alone, and I'm here to help in any way I can. I can tell you from experience that it gets a lot easier after 3 days. The hunger pangs just melt away. It's as if your body just resigns itself to the fact that it just ain't gonna get fed until you decide that it's time to start re-feeding. Just try getting over that first hurdle, and you'll do just fine, believe me.

I still buy the Fage brand, but I always get the blueberry, strawberry, mango, etc ... flavored yogurts. Probably should rethink that.

Not sure I would necessarily go along with that cranberrylime. The problem is not added fruit, but added sugar. As long as your yoghurt is flavoured only with fruit, I think that's ok. And if anything, I would prefer that myself to the plain variety.

More
22 May 2012 09:28 #10916 by loquat1
So is everybody out to lunch then?

More
22 May 2012 09:41 #10917 by loquat1
Slightly off topic, but just to kick things off again (and if the powers that be will allow me to post a link here), you guys should see this:

suppressedreality.com/media/Cut%20Poison%20Burn

It shows just how corrupt Western medicine has become when the mighty dollar is elevated to divine status. If you think Codex Alimentarius was bad enough, you don't even know the half of it. Watch, and weep. These are our freedoms that are being insidiously eroded, and we need to start fighting back now, before it's too late.

Sermon over. Now start reclaiming your health freedoms.

More
22 May 2012 16:19 - 22 May 2012 16:30 #10918 by loquat1
Shoot - I see that the vid has now been withdrawn :( , I assume coz of breach of copyright. The owners want to charge you for the DVD/download, which I suppose is fair enough. But it's message would have been so much more effective if it was free to view.

A real shame, coz I can assure you it was a real eye-opener. Oh well, at least you can get a flavor of it here:

www.naturalnews.com/035926_cancer_indust...son_documentary.html

Check out those comments below the main story as well.

More
07 Sep 2012 20:05 #12288 by mhaiyarn76
mhaiyarn76 replied the topic: Re: Badly needs a Mentor...
hello guys..how is everybody doing?

m on my day 5 water fast and proud of it..i have not been day 5 in 3 yrs!!! YAY!! so im not stopping here...my goal is 14 days...

i woke up today feeling like i have a hangover, feeling nauseous, headache, shoulder pain....but i went out instead and took a deep breath and let the sun shine on me.. and oh im soooooo thirsty!!! i couldnt drink a glass of water in just one gulp since i was feeling nauseous so sipping ice cold water did the trick.

its funny how now in this stage i dont want to eat but i LOVE to see other people eat!!! i watch "man vs. food" and i love how that guy eats his food and i feel full afterwards.

base weight : 133

CW: 126.4!!!

" I dont have a soul...I AM A SOUL, I HAVE A BODY" by India.Arie :)

More
07 Sep 2012 22:24 #12290 by loquat1
Hello mhaiyarn76

Congrats on reaching your 5th day. You should find it gets a lot easier after that, which is itself an incentive to see it thru for your pre-determined duration. I always find the first 3 days the toughest, and the 4th day nearly always a breeze.

I'm currently in the final phase of my 'raw for 90' regimen - just 9 days left before a 10-day break in Greece, when I'll cut myself some slack out of social necessity. I'm sure I'm gonna put some weight back on during my 'break'. Then back to intermittent fasting again once we get back home (late Sept) to get back into shape. So unfortunately, can't join you for the time being, but good luck with yours, and keep us posted.

More
07 Sep 2012 22:31 #12291 by mhaiyarn76
Loquat, great to hear from u again! Wow Greece that sounds exciting! So what did u do? Intermittent fasting? How do u do that? Does it have the same benefits as a long fast?

More
07 Sep 2012 23:31 #12292 by loquat1
According to the fasting doctor, IF is possibly the best form of fasting, and just as beneficial as a single long fast. It just takes longer to get there because of the breaks.

There are no hard & fast rules, but a typical regimen would be something like alternate days eating then fasting, or 2 days eating followed by 2 or 3 days fasting, etc. One guy who posted on this forum feeds (he called it 'feasting') only at weekends. So he fasted 5 days, ate on 2 days. My preferred routine is to fast Mon - Thu, eat Fri - Sun. It's entirely up to you, basically whatever works for you.

As for Greece, yeah, thought they could do with some help with their economy! I'm sure our spending power (and the taxes they're extorting from us) will keep them afloat for at least 30 secs longer!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhaiyarn76

More
08 Sep 2012 11:03 #12293 by mhaiyarn76
hello its the start of my 6th day!!! yay!!! im at work right now and really aving a hard time. i keep having this feeling that i wanna eat, but he other half of me doesnt , ofcourse now that im on my 6th day..i dont want togive up now!!!

i usually take 1 hrs nap break during work and before fasting i could just easily doze off to sleep but tonight, nope!!! i turned and turned and my mind was so awake!!! my mind is tired but i just couldnt sleep..i wanna cry! :(

they said that the good stuff comes in after the 7th day.. soi want to feel that... i cannot wait!

*warning! temptation* let me just share that im so craving greek salad right now...chopped spinach with olives, chopped onions, bell pepper and diced cucumber with feta cheese and balsamic vinegar!!! yum!!! sorry just wanted to vent out...

More
08 Sep 2012 11:24 #12294 by loquat1
You forgot the tomato & lettuce, but suppose the spinach can sub for the latter. Anyway, a woman after my own heart. I also love my Gk salads, and whilst I'm on my raw regimen, I also add seeds & nuts to mine - the healthy ones, that is.

Anyway, sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with your sleep. My problem is staying awake! Or mind over mattress as I like to refer to it. Hang in there baby.

More
14 Sep 2012 10:52 - 14 Sep 2012 10:53 #12407 by loquat1
Hello again mhaiyarn,

I stand corrected! There are rules that govern the correct way to fast intermittently, and they are quite possibly contrary to everything you've ever read or believed. These rules even allow you to eat during fasting!! Amazing!!!

This is an amazing article which I urge you to read, and you might even find it cures your sleep problem.

fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archiv...0120914_DNL_artNew_1

Hope it helps.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds