Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Would this break my fast?

More
26 Dec 2008 01:20 #1572 by Vpopov81
Vpopov81 created the topic: Would this break my fast?
Ok so I have completed my 7th day of water fasting but tommorow will require me to be a bit active and behnd the wheel and I dont feel comfortable so I was thinking about drinking some juice, then resuming the water fast. Would this break the fasting mode my organism is in? I would resume water day after.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2008 05:57 #1576 by TheFastDoctor
TheFastDoctor replied the topic: Re:Would this break my fast?
Well, in my definition of fasting (zero taste, zero energy intake) yes this would break the fast but it is still the right thing to do. No use taking chances.

As your catabolism (ability to convert fat back to energy) will still have some "momentum" (Even up to 10 days after a fast) your system should convert back to the fasting state quite quickly however.

Personally I prefer to re-stimulate the fat metabolism before every fast by having a meal dominated by lipids (oils, fats) before entering the fasting state. But if you have broken the fast for less than a day or 2, this should not be necessary at all.

We all respond differently, don't hesitate to experience your unique body and grans yourself the luxury of 'experimenting' a bit: Every experience enriches your life.

Have a wonderful day.

André

All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

More
26 Dec 2008 06:58 #1577 by TheFastDoctor
TheFastDoctor replied the topic: Re:Would this break my fast?
Well, in my definition of fasting (zero taste, zero energy intake) yes this would break the fast but it is still the right thing to do. No use taking chances.

As your catabolism (ability to convert fat back to energy) will still have some "momentum" (Even up to 10 days after a fast) your system should convert back to the fasting state quite quickly however.

Personally I prefer to re-stimulate the fat metabolism before every fast by having a meal dominated by lipids (oils, fats) before entering the fasting state. But if you have broken the fast for less than a day or 2, this should not be necessary at all.

We all respond differently, don't hesitate to experience your unique body and grans yourself the luxury of 'experimenting' a bit: Every experience enriches your life.

Have a wonderful day.

André

All my posts are "generic", based on my opinions and experiences only and are not intended to replace the advice of your own licensed medical practitioner.

Moderators: TheFastDoctor
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds