Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?

More
24 Mar 2012 18:28 #10518 by virtouswoman
virtouswoman created the topic: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
I've lost 180lbs five years ago. I have an obsession with food for years. Five years ago, I finally resulted to a severe restriction in food by the ag of 20. I wouldnt call it healthy, but it did the trick. LOL I've mainted all except 20lb of my 180+ lb loss. Now I am trying to get my health back! Get my life back. I attacked the scale lbs but never fixed the root- my food obsession is still here! I need to free myself. I think a water fast along with meditation and prayer is the only thing I can do. I pray to have atleast a 14 day fast- once I reach that I will see if I can go 30!! Ive tried on several attempts and failed because of the power food has over my head. The reason I chose to water fast is also to read and learn as much as I can while I drink only water. Once I know more about this wonderful process I can then move on to more advance types of fasting. Im so exxcited and so committed this time around!!!

Lord give me strength, and friends PLEASE give me support!!

God bless you all!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2012 10:27 #10531 by Lisafast
Lisafast replied the topic: Re: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
Congrats on that huge weight loss! I'll be your buddy. I'm fasting too!

More
25 Mar 2012 16:28 #10532 by shini
shini replied the topic: Re: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
Congratulation Virtuous on you weight loss and maintenance. That you managed to keep 160 pounds off all this time is a testament to your strength. I am fasting also so I would like to be you buddy.

Hi Lisa!

More
26 Mar 2012 06:01 #10544 by virtouswoman
virtouswoman replied the topic: Re: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
Thank you!!! YEA!! Tomorrow I will continue the water I did all juices this weekend to kickit off!! Im sooo scared and excited

More
26 Mar 2012 06:02 #10545 by virtouswoman
virtouswoman replied the topic: Re: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
LETS DO IT!! I need you ALL lol especially coming from a nigerian/bajan family who cooks huge meals for no reason at all!! It is hard!! LOL :P

More
26 Mar 2012 09:33 #10547 by shini
shini replied the topic: Re: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
If you find water too tough going in terms of energy and effects on your daily life just know you can switch to fresh vegetables and fruits juices. The detox is softer and slower on juices and it is the least intrusive in terms of the various modalities.
What I am saying is be flexible and enjoy the journey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: virtouswoman

More
26 Mar 2012 16:43 #10550 by virtouswoman
I will def. keep this info in mind!! Thanks!!

More
26 Mar 2012 19:43 #10551 by Lisafast
Lisafast replied the topic: Re: 14- 30 day water fast- need all the support I can get- buddies for a newbie?
I come from a family that equates food with love. It has been difficult for my mom now that I reject a lot of the food she used to make for me. Plus, now that I'm into fasting and I don't drink caffeine she can't just share coffee and baked goods with me. It makes it hard. But my mom is getting a bit more into healthier eating...she's about 10 years behind my journey, so for her healthy food means not going to McDonalds as much LOL. But at least she's trying. Plus she has lost 60 lbs and kept off 50 of those, so that's something.

Anyway, once you have a few fasts under your belt, you'll see the benefits and feel more confident to let people know what you're doing. At first, though, it's best to fast in private and just avoid gatherings. I try to time fasts so I am not fasting for events where people expect you to eat. Especially when I want to partake.

More
01 Apr 2012 18:55 #10642 by virtouswoman
OMG!! your family and my family must be related lol Food =I LOVE YOU lol

Thanks SO much for your encouragement (sis) lol

More
01 Apr 2012 20:52 #10646 by Lisafast
LOL I always say when I "came out" as a vegetarian, I think my mom would have rather preferred I change my sexual preference rather than my food preferences.

More
02 Apr 2012 02:50 #10648 by shini
How is the fast going virtuous?

More
02 Apr 2012 05:59 #10649 by virtouswoman
Its going well THANKS!!

12 lbs lost I felt dizzy and gave in but not BADI ate a big salad NO DRESSING ( for the first time ever NO DRESSING I wa soooo happy yet still annoyed I gave in) However im back lol I want to go to 30 days The main thing is not the weight loss as im at my ideal weight I want to BREAK the binging and constant worrying over food =(

How are you Shini?

More
02 Apr 2012 05:59 #10650 by virtouswoman
HAHAHAHAH too funny!!!! :P

More
14 Apr 2012 06:52 #10709 by virtouswoman
STILL GOING FYI!!!

FEEL AWESOME!! I cheated on sunday and ate a watermelon-- but lost two lbs the next am!! lol YES!

Anyway I threw away ice cream at work offered to me by my boss-- this may seem little to you but I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT AND ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!! WHHEEEHHEEWWW!!

Lets see-- people think im crazy family keeps doubting and tempting me-- I wish I could just escape and go far a way for a month and come back a different lean mean detoxed machine!! lolol

More
15 Apr 2012 23:28 #10711 by Lisafast
Glad to hear from you, Virtuous. I read your post in my email but wasn't able to get online. You should be proud of yourself for your accomplishment. I'm impressed that you can eat a watermelon and jump back into fasting. Great job!

It is really hard to continue on when people, especially those closest to you, are doubting and tempting you. As you become more experienced with fasting, you will have more confidence to not let that get you down.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds